DevOps Engineer, Terraform / Golang
Lysaker, Oslo, NorwayEngineering
Pexip has an engineering-centric culture with an uncompromising focus on software quality; we use CI and test automation, and have a quality assurance ethos that we are immensely proud of!
Pexip is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering organisation. As a member of our team, you will be working alongside engineers based in both the UK and Norway, and sharing responsibility for the continuous running and improvement of our Pexip Service offering.
We have a hybrid work environment within Pexip to encourage a better work life balance. Work location for this role, is our HQ at Lysaker, Oslo.
Role and Responsibilities
Your day-to-day work will initially focus on modernizing and migrating existing on-premise services to cloud (GCP). You will have the opportunity to learn from Pexip’s video platform, which is relied upon by companies worldwide for business-critical communication. Our team is committed to ensuring reliability and availability, and we carry out standby duties at a frequency that promotes a healthy work-life balance. This ensures that you can effectively respond to critical situations while minimizing disruptions to your personal time.
To be successful in this role, you are likely to have experience in the following:
- Infrastructure management via code (Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience working with cloud platforms (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- A software engineering background (Go, Python)
- Great written and spoken English, including the ability to learn about and discuss complex architectures with other developers
- Containerization and/or micro-services, (Docker, Kubernetes)
Working as an engineer in Pexip means working with cutting edge technology, as a decision maker, and a product owner. We pride ourselves on a fluid team structure where we try to ensure that each member is working on what they find meaningful. As an infrastructure engineer in Pexip, it is up to you, alongside your team, to prioritize which tasks, features, and what comes next.
We don’t believe in micro management and very much live by the flat company structure, so managers are there to enable you, act as funnels for information that will help you make the right decisions and give you the tools to do so in the best possible way.
In Pexip we strive to:
- Put people and culture first in everything we do.
- Care about our health and take employee wellness seriously by offering healthy food and promoting mindfulness, community, exercise, and flexibility at work.
- Promote a flat organization and embrace freedom and responsibility, aligned to accountability and performance goals.
- Proudly play the role of a technology enabler in the innovation ecosystem of our industry and have a fantastic team of incredibly talented people working here. You will work with them on disruptive and ambitious projects that move our industry forward.
- Build a resilient and inclusive culture. We promote openness where people can grow, thrive, and succeed at work.
- Build a fun learning culture. That does not only mean cookies-in-the-jar and beer-night but making everything we do every day enjoyable.
Sounds interesting? We want to meet you!
Pexip is an equal opportunity employer who evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same ability for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.
We are a video technology company that solves complex communication challenges. Pexip develops the most advanced, secure, and adaptable video technology while staying at the forefront of regulation, compliance, and cyber-security. Today, Pexip powers everything from business communication to ultra-secure government meetings, doctor’s appointments, and court proceedings. Pexip (PEXIP) is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.